Tuesday 18 September 2012

WEST LECTURE THEATRE LATROBE UNI



The West Lecture Theatre houses three lecture theatres (1-3). It is along Science Drive and the closest carpark is 1. It is located between the Health Sciences 3 (HS3)and Health Sciences 2 (HS2) buildings and has one accessible level, known as level 2, accessible through connecting entrances to HS2 and carpark 1 and HS3 and from two entrances facing Science Drive on level 2. It is distinctive for the mass of stairs which lead to the entrance from Science Drive and the upside down statue of Charles La Trobe out the front. It's foyer is also often used for exams.



The venue is also used as for gigs with bands and artists or church.
One of my good friends run his own small church there 'IMAGINE CHURCH" at the west lecture Theatre. He also runs an event with the guys I go to church with called 'AMPED THURSDAYS' a night of Hip Hop, RnB and Reggae and Dance and finishing with an awesome blessing of a testimony that will blow you away!

I went to support one of my close mates who sings as a back up vocalist for 'YELLOWCAKE' 
I totally enjoyed the event supporting the crew as they were doing they're thing. I reckon the venue suited their crew well since its all yellow LOL!
One issue I found is the sound system, I couldn't hear the vocalists well which is a real bummer! thats something that the tech crew need to work on.

I reckon this venue is suitable for all different genres.

INFORMATION:

Phone: (03) 9530 0336
Address: West Lecture Theatres Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora

No comments:

Post a Comment